Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I think I've decided on a name!

Lots of suggestions for "I AM the drama", but I just can't do it. I think I'm going to go with "A Hurricane Called Carmen". Hurricane Carmen would be better, but it's taken, so Oh well...

Why Hurricane Carmen, you ask? Well, my dad always called me that, and for most of my life it pissed me off. But recently, I've just accepted it. It is truly a great description of me, and there isn't any fighting it. I may as well just accept who I am. I am Hurricane Carmen. I could be worse. Like, "Boring Carmen". Or "Just like everyone else Carmen". Or "Inhospitable Carmen". I always thought it was such an insult, because Hurricanes are bad, you know...But I've changed my mind. Hurricanes are a huge force of nature that do their own thing, and I think perhaps that is what dad meant. Never a dull moment when there is a Hurricane. Or, maybe he meant that I was a horribly destructive force that people hid from...but knowing my dad, I doubt that. He does like me, so I'm going with the positive.

For those of you who said "I am the drama" (Mom, Allison, Nathan) I'm just not ready to accept that I am drama. I mean, it is probably true, but I just can't announce it to the world. :)

2 comments:

Katie Bonk said...

I like Hurricane Carmen. She's wild and unpredictable. And tropical!

Carmen said...

Yay! I think it fits. :)