Friday, June 27, 2008

First day on the new mini-job

So today I taught my first class as the Science Center. It went well. It's an odd set of circumstances to teach in...these kids are tired. Their days are packed full of all kinds of stuff, and by the time they see me, they're droopy. But, I managed to get them enthusiastic, which was fun. That will be good for me to do a couple of times a week.

Also today, I accomplished another task I wasn't looking forward to. I went to the Register of Deeds and went through a huge list of people in the county. I was able to really narrow it down and get a mailing list that is extremely close to being exactly perfect. It took a long time, and there was a lot of searching on the county's computer, and lots of typing addresses into my address book, but I think it will be worth it. Most advertising people do just blankets a general audience...most of the people who see your add aren't in the market for what you're selling. I'd like to avoid that to make our advertising dollars go much further. So, it was tedious, but I am now the proud owner of a good deal of addresses on mailing labels. Our first batch of post cards, for Jon's children's photography, will get here soon, and those labels are just itching to be on them. I feel like we're climbing up a steep rocky mountainside....but I know that soon we'll have our first spectacular view, and we'll be encouraged. And as long as we keep climbing up up up, we'll hit the top sometime. And even if it takes a long time...it is inevitable that we'll reach it. I'm still feeling sunny about the whole thing.

And tonight...a breather. Allison, Bertha and I are hanging out with Matt at his house, where we will be cooking out then walking to Hickory Alive. I'm stoked.

1 comment:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I would say that quote is dead on with what this post is about :)