Monday, July 07, 2008

Know what I did?

So, Jon's mom and dad go to Africa from time to time, and in their travels they have collected lots of African porcupine quills. I don't know if you've seen them, but they're very cool-about the sizes of different knitting needles. So, I got 2 to use in my hair:



Which, I think is darling. For safekeeping on the way home from the mountains, I stuck them in my bookbag, but they were sticking out pretty far. My bookbag was sitting on the floor next to the couch, where I'd dropped it when we got back. I walked by, quickly, I guess, and managed to impale myself with the quill. So, in great pain, I tried to pull it out. But the sucker was stuck in there pretty good. I had to call Jon, and he pulled it out. His estimation was about 1 and a half inches, at an upward angle into my calf. Wowser. I've always been clumsy, but extra so lately. I cut my thumb a few weeks back, and my finger on some quartz this weekend...now this. It hurts, and I'm thinking it will probably hurt more tomorrow.

On a different subject-Trivia tomorrow! Mondays are my busiest days by far. So, I promise to do a proper blog entry, but it might be Tuesday or so.

If you live in Hickory, please oh please come to Beef 'O'Brady's tomorrow night. I'm excited as all get out, but nervous too.

3 comments:

Lovey said...

Totally not related to this post (but OW!). Your dog has become the first Atlantic hurricane of the season. Fitting, me thinks!

Allison said...

Oh and you cut yourself with a knife at Matt's too. :D

Carmen said...

I'm so very clumsy.

And now Bertha and I have something else in common-we share names with hurricanes!