Friday, April 18, 2008

Yesterday was Beautiful / 8 Years Ago

Yesterday was the prettiest day of the year. The music teacher, PE teacher, counselor and I stayed outside all day. Each grade level that came to our class, we'd stay outside and walk, to raise awareness for Diabetes. I'm not sure how successful it was in that attempt, but it was super duper nice for us to stay outside. My legs are sore from all the walking, and I have a touch of sunburn, but it was very awesome anyway. And last night, Jon and I cooked out with our friends Matt and Herb. Yesterday was awesome. And today is already Friday. I'm always so shocked at how fast the weeks go.

Now, I'm stealing this from a friend.
8 years ago...

How old were you? 18

Had you ever been to a real party? Yes

Were you in a relationship? I had just broken up with my high school boyfriend Cameron, and I was sort of seeing this dude Noah, and briefly, a Jason.

Where did you live? Boone, on campus with a crazy girl who was engaged to an Army boy, best friends with a dude from the Air Force, but still let some weirdo Marine who went AWOL live in our dorm for months before the RA finally fixed the situation.

Who was your best friend? Well, this was the year that I went to college before Allison was there. I didn't really have a best friend. I was super lonely. I hung out a lot with David and Patrick, Teaching Fellow friends.

Had you ever been in love? I thought I loved Alan and Cameron. Probably what I really felt was incredible lust with some fond feelings strewn about.

Had you ever had your heart broken? Not really. I broke up with Alan in high school, and (remember, high school-immaturity) he did all sorts of really mean things to me. Like destroying the play I had written for a near by play festival. And spreading all kinds of rumors. And handing me all sorts of those tracks from churches about premarital sex. He was a jerk. But we're cool now.

Did you have a job? I worked at Farthing Auditorium in Boone.

4 years ago:
How old were you? 22

Had you ever been to a real party? Yes

Were you in a relationship? I was married to Satterfield.

Where did you live? I was finishing my student teaching in Boone.

Who was your best friend?Allison Suggs.

Had you ever been in love? Yes.

Had you ever had your heart broken? Yeah-that guy Noah that I mentioned really screwed with me.

Did you have a job? I was student teaching and working at Sagebrush.

Now:
How old are you? 26
Had you ever been to a real party? Yes
Are you in a relationship? I am married to Jon.
Where do you live? In Hickory, next to my best friend.
Who is your best friend?Allison Suggs.
Have you ever been in love? Yes.
Had you ever had your heart broken? Yeah
Do you have a job? I teach drama and do fun things at McGuires.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Yea....