Thursday, April 02, 2009

Things

1: The Hickory Metro unemployment rate is 16%, the highest in the state. Since Jon and I are marginally employed, and depend completely on other people having enough extra money to pay us for fun things, this scares the poopity poop out of me.

2: North Carolina just passed a provisional smoking ban. It says that you may not smoke in any public place, except for bars or such that do not serve the under 18 crowd. I'm so cool with that.

3: I only have 1 1/2 days left with my high school darlings.

4: I think my computer has the conficker virus. Maybe. Gotta take care of that tonight.

5: I'm going to a Pure Romance Party tomorrow. Excited to see some friends. Not excited at all about the Pure Romance part, or the drive to Morganton.

6: So there is this lady who I've recently become friends with. The subject of Chicago, that play I so desperately wanted to be in, came up. She had an Ah Ha moment and said "I remember when I saw that, I kept hearing people say 'Why isn't Carmen playing that part', but I didn't know who Carmen was. I totally get it now, and agree. You would have been perfect! Why didn't you audition?" I explained, of course, that I did, but the whole thing made me feel really nice inside.

7: I was modeling for this artist at the art museum, and she was drawing my face. She went on and on about how classic, beautiful and patrician my nose was. I looked it up and patrician means "of high social rank or noble family; aristocratic.
or befitting or characteristic of persons of very good background, education, and refinement: patrician tastes." I'm flattered. I do have a pretty good looking nose. It's my dad's, you know.

8: I think I'm done for now.

No comments: