Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Oh, and!

I've been on this baking kick, and yesterday I had this great plan for the perfect cookie.

It involved all the expected goodies...butter, flour, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, etc. But then oatmeal, dried cherries and pistachios. I thought about it all day at school. It was the perfect plan.

So I go to Lowes. I look in the baking goods. No pistachios. I look with the snack nuts. No pistachios. I look in the dried bulk goods. No pistachios. I go ask. The lady tells me to look in produce, where salad toppers were. No pistachios. At this point, I've been looking for them for at least 25 minutes. When I finally give up and wait in line to ask again, a different lady tells me they're recalled. Grrr.

So, I made them with cashews, and they're delicious. But they would have been better with the gosh darn pistachios.

No comments: