Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Cigarettes and Coffee

You guys don't need a coffee update. If you do, then know that I'm still hooked on that stuff.

But cigarettes...here's the rundown:

Monday:4
Sunday: 4
Saturday: 3
Friday: 6 (I know that one is bad. It's harder if I'm hanging out with smokers. Epic fail that day.)
Thursday: 3
Wednesday: 4

Some situations make it a lot harder for me to resist. Like, being in the car a long time. That one is really bad. Or hanging out with smoker friends who keep wanting company outside.

But, I've managed to change my attitude. Before, cigarettes were: delicious, necessary, yummy. Now, I've convinced myself that they are: disgusting, stupid, a very bad habit, and highly unhealthy. This change of attitude helps. I no longer enjoy a smoke, which means that I actually am going to be successful.

Now, when I smoke, it isn't just to relax, or because I want one, or to kill time. It is because I need some nicotene. And then I smoke just enough to not need some nicotene.

So the good news here is that I haven't even touched the first of the 3 cans I bought...still on the one I had before that. But I'm already well on my way. So, yay!

Please...offer no judgement. Only support. This blog is a place of kindness.

(In my 2 weeks in the high school, that is what I said more than anything else..."This classroom is a place of kindness", because they hated each other. They don't anymore. Yay!)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats! You're well on the way. Convincing yourself they are nasty really does help.

Jenelle said...

You can do it! I'm so proud!!

LIZ said...

TELL MATT TO GO OUTSIDE BY HIMSELF!!!! GOOD JOB YOU ARE DOING BETTER THAN ME. I STILL PAY 6.00 A DAY. DUMB I NO.