Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm Back!

I cannot wait until this evening, when (if all goes as planned) I'll be sitting in the newly working hottub of Allison's. And, I knew Thanksgiving was coming up, but I wasn't really paying attention to when. Turns out, after today and tomorrow, only 2 more days of school before our break. That's awesome.

So, I haven't been blogging very much, and that's because I've been editing video. I shot my friend Bonnie's wedding, and I finally finished that, as well as one more wedding. The biggest thing, though, was puppet shows. My kids at school wrote plays and made puppets and performed puppet shows. There were about 60 to sort through, label, edit, etc. In the end, I had each class rate their class projects on a scale of 1-10, and I picked the highest in each class. Then, I put those 8 together on a DVD, which will play for my whole school tomorrow. This has all been very time consuming. I have nothing to show you now, but I will soon. There is a website called MediaMax, where I can put long videos for free. Assuming it works as planned, I should have the puppet shows on the internet for your viewing pleasure by the weekend.

You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get this video stuff up and running. Everything in the world went wrong. After much manual reading, much reediting, a little cussing, and more RAM for my computer, everything seems to be running smoothly.

School is frustrating. I stick with my earlier claim that the kids are awesome. As a whole, it's the best group of kids I've worked with. The other teachers are mean, though. Not all of them, but most. Apparently, before I started working here there were major issues between specials teachers (drama, music, art, pe, computer) and regular classroom teachers. Well, I didn't have anything to do with any of that, and I'm certainly not shown any special favors here...so they need to stop being mean and petty. That's all I'll say about that.

Jon is still wonderful. Our weekend getaway to the mountains was just magical. We really needed some extended time with no friends around, and no pressing issues to deal with. It was very fun. We needed the break. I really love that guy. I've said it before...everyone thought we were crazy, but it was such a good choice. I can't imagine if he was just my boyfriend. He felt like my husband 10 minutes after we met.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I had fun last night. Thanks for the good time. Tell Jon thanks for the pics, they rule.

Mike Brady said...

Hi, this came up searching on Mediamax.

There is a users blog you might like to check out if you are planning to use the service. See:
http://mediamaxusers.blogspot.com/

There is also a users group on Yuwie, the social networking site that shares advertising revenue. See:
http://yuwiemike.blogspot.com/2007/11/yuwie-revolution.html