Monday, November 26, 2007

Cheesy Poem

I'm working on writing pet poems with my younger kids, and I have to write a sample. I'm not done, but I'll share my very silly poem anyway. Feel free to add a verse.





Everytime I pull up to my house
before I can get out the key,
there's a scratch at the door, and a cute little bark!
My dog Bertha's been waiting for me.


She'll run around me and around me,
then once more just for good measure.
She just has to say hello!
It's one of life's great pleasures.


If she could speak Engish,
I'm sure I'd hear her shout:
"I've been inside all day, Mommy!
Let's go OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT!"

She'll potty and chase golf balls,
and she'll wag her little tail.
She'll play fetch as long as we let her,
but too much running makes her smell.

Bertha really likes to cuddle
between her mommy and her daddy,
and she loves to eat junk food!
She's really quite a fatty.

She loves the smell of pizza-
she'll watch the oven till it's ready.
She likes bacon, cheese and crackers,
but her favorite is spaghetti.


I have lots more to write. I'm adding a couple of verses per class, so this sucker could get long. We're basing these on a book by this guy...but his book really isn't much more brilliant than my poem. "Where Emma is/ There is no Buffy./I can't figure out/ Why she's so stuffy."

Trivia tonight! Please come, folks. It's getting so much bigger. Last week, we had 35 people play the whole game. We stuck at about 30 for about a month, so 35 is a good sign. Our first game was 8/27 and 4 people played. In 3 months, that's quite an increase! And starting tonight...Christmas questions.

And, I'm decorating the tree tonight!!! Yay!

1 comment:

Allison said...

silly dog..
silly sweet dog