Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Meme from Dooce

I borrowed this Meme from Dooce.com.

What are your middle names? Mine is Nichole and Jon's is Alton.

How long have you been together? We've been together a hair over 2 years. We've been married a hair over a year and a half.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A couple of days, maybe.

Who asked whom out?
I don't really remember. Both of us were highly interested, and I'm not sure either of us ever actually asked the other out.

How old are each of you?
I'm 27 and Jon is 35, making me 10 when he graduated high school.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
That's a tossup. My sister lives in Greensboro, and Jon's brother lives in Asheville. I see my sister when I go home, but Thad has a tendency to show up our our door from time to time. I guess I'd say we see his more.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Driving. Jon gets really stressed when he drives, and it makes for an unpleasant ride, where I'm irritated and scared. So I always drive. But then he always has these "tips" about how I should be driving. This does not go over well with me. Also, if we disagree in the car, we can go hours without talking, which is miserable. When we get mad, we need a couple of minutes apart before we can deal with things like actual people.

Did you go to the same school?
No. Jon went to a photography school in Asheboro and I went to Appalachian State.

Are you from the same home town?
No. Jon's from Hickory, where we live now. I'm from Sanford NC, then Concord, then Kannapolis, then China Grove, Salisbury, Boone, then Hickory.

Who is smarter?
That's hard. Jon is better at being logical and thinking things through. I'm book smarter. And because of my trivia game and years of good grades in school I know a lot of facts. He's the more adult, though.

Who is the most sensitive?
Me. A day I don't cry is to be celebrated.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
McGuires, where we met, and Beef O'Brady's, because I run the trivia and such there. But we like to eat at Umi's the most. It is a tiny little Japanese restaurant that is impeccable.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Saba, Netherland Antilles.

Who has the craziest exes?
I'm gonna go with me.

Who has the worst temper?
Me, in that I can get really mad really quick. But when Jon gets mad, it is much more serious.

Who does the cooking?
I do almost all the cooking. I love to cook, and it makes me feel like a good wife. Jon did make roast this week though.

Who is the neat-freak?
JON! I'm so messy, and I've been trying so hard to be clean enough for him. I'm not sure I'll ever get there, but I'm improving.

Who is more stubborn?
We both are. And when we're stubborn together, we can do anything.

Who hogs the bed?
Bertha. And me a little. But mostly Bertha.

Who wakes up earlier?
Depends on the day. If I'm teaching school, me. But sometimes he gets up with me. On mornings where we can sleep in, he's always up before me.

Where was your first date?
McGuires, where we met.

Who is more jealous?
There was this one time that one of Jon's exes facebooked him, and I turned green. Stupid, because he's for sure mine. So I'll go with me.

How long did it take to get serious?
"Hi. My name is Carmen." Bam. Serious.

Who eats more?
Jon can eat 8 donuts at a go, but we both have healthy appetites.

Who does the laundry?
Jon's better at it, but sometimes I have to help.

Who's better with the computer?
Jon's great with a mac, but I have a better grasp of the internet.

Who drives when you are together?
Me. Please see above to understand why that sucks.


1 comment:

Allison said...

NIce. I'd do this on my blog but people would throw up. I just learned that your blog is the highest referring link for people to find my blog. thanks :)