Thursday, October 02, 2008

Google has done it again!

3 major cool developments that I learned about today (and I have to admit that I spent a good part of the day playing with this stuff):

1-There is a new version of Picasa. It's still in Beta, but it covers 2 of the 3 things. I can now touch up pictures...you could do a lot before, but that big pimple was going to stay right where it was. Now, it goes away! Same for wrinkles in old scanned pictures.

2-You can write words on your pictures now. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but I've really been needing a program that would do that. I've been very upset that I couldn't add words on several occasions...when making banners or flyers or what-not. So that's awesome.

3-You can label your faces in Picasa now. So then you can say you want to look at all the pictures of your husband, for instance. And it is such a smart labeler. My albums have tons of faces, mostly because of school pictures and trivia...but after a while, it would pull up nine faces of Jon and basically ask "Hey-are these all Jon?" You have to try it!

And for your viewing pleasure:
Me
Jon
Allison
Matt
My Mom
My Nana

1 comment:

Allison said...

wanna know the #1 reason I haven't used Picasa much? Because I couldn't add text to the pics. Good job Google.