Monday, September 08, 2008

To catch you up

So, right now, I'm sitting in the library, waiting for my classes to start. I have an hour to kill, but then I'll be subbing for the first time. I'm excited, especially since I'm in a drama class. But let's be clear: this does not mean I miss teaching, or am sad that I quit. As I was driving to school I thought, "I'm glad I don't do this every day".

My eighties party was awesome, folks. This evening, I'll post pictures of my own, and some of Chris' (the party's host). Until then, I can give you this link, which I haven't been able to look at because of the school's firewall. There may be some horrible pictures of me on there, and if there are, just pretend that I look like a goddess, if you don't mind. I know you don't. I got to sing Walk Like an Egyptian, and some others, but that was my favorite.

So, what else has been going on in my life? Not too terribly much...I may have a regular karaoke night in the works. That would be cool. My birthday is one week from today. That is cool, also. I will be 27.

Friday night I went out with some teacher friends...we went to Outback, where I haven't been in ages, so that was swell...but then we went to the Hickory Tavern. I've never been there. My impressions? Boo. Then we went to Iron Thunder. I've never been there. My impressions? Boo.
Oh well.

Yesterday I watched When Harry Met Sally for the first time, and loved it. I guess the advantage to never having seen most movies is that now I get to watch them all. Also yesterday, I watched Taking Lives, which was good, but seemed to have some false endings. And people, there isn't much that irritates me more than a movie that doesn't know when it's end is.

Oh-awesome news: My whole life, my blood pressure has been too high, or at the very least, the high end of normal. After 1 week of eating like a caveman, my blood pressure is normal, folks. 117/74. I can only imagine that if my blood pressure is normalizing, so are my cholesterol and sugar levels. So, yay for cavemen!

Remember all my stomach troubles? Last school year they were pretty debilitating at times...my doctor said I had irritable bowel syndrome. It's been fine all summer, but today, I've spent way too much time in the bathroom, and my stomach is kicking around like a mad man as I type this. So, perhaps it is the stress of looking after kids, or knowing that it is coming. Or, perhaps it is just getting up at 6 that does it, but I'm glad it is no longer a daily occurrence.

I'm starting to get into Facebook. It seems better than MySpace, but I'm still not sure about it. Last night, a very old friend of mine found me (we have no friends in common, and my last name is different, so I'm not sure how he found me) and left some comments. That's kind of thrilling. But, what about all the people in life that I'm glad I lost touch with? Do I have to respond when they contact me?

Last thing: all of my craziness from the pill seems to be subsiding. :) Yay. I feel mostly sane these days. Mostly.

No comments: