Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow!

This morning, all the way to school, it was snowing! It won't stick, cause it's 37 degrees, but it was big beautiful flakes, just drifting down real slow like. First, it snowed for 20 seconds or so, and I was looking for a truck maybe that it was blowing off of...but a mile down the road, it started in steady, and didn't stop. The kids are insane.

Let me take a minute to say...I now love my job. It's this new school. Lots of things here make it better, but 4 main things: 1-The people I work with are really friendly which is not typical of a school environment. You try working with 60 ladies, and see how friendly it is. But here, everyone is precious and sweet. 2-I have technology coming out my rear end here. If I can think it, I can do it, which is awesome. 3-There is a huge window in my room that faces the hall, and everyone walking by can see in my class. I can't put my finger on why I love this, but I do. 4-the kids-it's a much poorer area than anywhere else I've been...but the kids are hungry, and I do mean hungry, for anything I can give them. Especially technology and fun-they don't seem to have enough fun in their lives.

So perhaps my new goal is to stay here and teach computers half time. There are 2 computer labs, which is enough to have a computer teacher...so it's all a mattter of legality I think. With Bush, and NCLB, I have to be "highly qualified" to teach, which I am. It just means you have the right college degree. But it's possible that I'd have to have a computer degree, although maybe not, since it's half time at elemetary level. I don't know. But that would be cool.

This job, though, keeps me exhausted. I've been doing warmups in each class, which basically consists of 7 minutes of excercize or so each class. But it's spurts of really high energy stuff, and then I teach class, but it gets me all hyped. By the end of the day, I'm so tired and emotionally drained. Not good. Last night I was a wreck...crying and being cranky, and I couldn't even figure out what was wrong. I was looking in the freezer trying to figure out what to have for dinner, and the "stress" of picking made me cry. What is that all about? Poor Jon.

Speaking of poor Jon, he's leaving for Boston tomorrow. :( I have no interest whatsoever in 4 days without him here. I really like him.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awe, I'm glad you like your school. Sorry to hear about you being a wreck. I'm like that sometimes too, depressed for no reason. Sometimes when we know we're going to be sad, we're sad ahead of time (like when our men leave).